RCU Forums - View Single Post - No.. could it be..?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 09:50 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, I was toying with mentioning those tips just for fun! I never did get them, no, but he did have them supposedly ready to ship at one point. I suppose if there was a time to get them it would be now. No panic, that won't hold me back yet. I will send the pipe down asap, if there are any Covid bugs on it, they should die by the time you get it. The smell will do the trick I think.

I am trying to find the PM or post where you passed on some info on the model.. such as the nose plate being at 0-0 for reference on stab alignment, using 15 size retracts etc.. that is all from memory though. Also, did you or Shawn say there are balsa insets for the wing TE/aileron LE? Or is it just open foam and I cut out the ailerons and cap them and the bays? There was nothing with the model just the bits, not that general construction isn't obvious of course. I dug up a Macchi top view and scaled out the tail group location from that - the relative location looks just like the photos of the bright red one to me. Dang it is a sharp looking model.

Yeah I'll run it up with a 10cc open pipe, I don't have a proper muffled 10cc pipe. Now I'll have to find my ear protectors. I have OPS Super .60 pipes for pattern, but those are essentially 7.5cc size pipes with mufflers, and deal with um, er.. about 60% or so? of the gas flow of the .91 setup.

Last edited by MJD; 04-20-2021 at 09:55 AM.