RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hooben FINALLY going release their Leopard 2A4
Old 04-26-2021, 08:31 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by fuchstraumer
the HL torsion bars for me have collapsed and given in, so that on one side of my tanks chassis if you apply any pressure to the wheels it "pops" loose and now that side of the vehicle sits at a lower height than the other. the suspension arms screw into the bit that holds the actual end of the torsion bar, and it's the torsion-bar-holder bit that "pops" on the arm because the threading isn't good enough to hold it still. i'm wondering if i can just metal epoxy them together, but if it goes wrong again i'm really up a creek without a paddle. maybe whatever you have is different or actually works, but mine has been outright broken from the start :/ (this is getting into thread derail zone, though...)

i wanted to find some upgrades for my future T-55A build, like a metal lower hull stiffening plate from DKLM, but it's out of manufacture now so I'm effectively out of luck.

that's what mine is as well. i even ordered better dual-link tracks to replace the single link, but the broken suspension arms / torsion bar holders means i just can't actually drive or use the darn thing. it's rather unfortunate. otherwise the parts on the vehicle are very high quality, and mine even has that cool "red eye" system and the nicest gearboxes that HL makes (not the dual flow drive though). it appears that hooben is using cnc machined gearboxes like those HL ones now though, and if so that'll be a SIGNIFICANT increase in quality that i think will help them a lot. especially if we can find drive axle support bearings to avoid the tragic bent drive axle problem....
Only issue with the Hooben CNC gearboxes is that they never list the shaft lengths or the speed of the gearbox on the sites to buy them. At least with the Heng Long version it's easy to find either the slow or fast versions with the right motor locations (HL or ML), and the shaft length.

As far as the T-55 parts go, Christin has the chassis braces you are looking for: https://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/t-55.html.

Do your torsion bars on your T-90 metal chassis look like mine as shown below? Just curious.