RCU Forums - View Single Post - What the hell is going on with rc planes in 2021?
Old 05-03-2021, 03:02 PM
J330
My Feedback: (3)

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Is the glass half full, or half empty? I read about the glass half empty sort here, now this is how you move forward. One guy suggested SIG. You can also buy from Airborne-Models many are still in stock. Another source is www.gravesrc.com, they ship but are also driving distance for me. Finally you can buy off the more active site, rcgroups, using goods and services PayPal only since it's plagued with scammers preying upon new members asking you for friends and family payments which gives you zero protection and impossible to get your money back when they do not ship. Buy from established members with feedback history. https://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-fu...lanes-fs-w-38/ Back in 2011, you could buy on RCU, and find all kinds of deals, not so much anymore.
I have about 20 kits, 5 ARFs, 8 ready to fly planes (via Greyhound) and ship weekly through feebay and here. I have about 30-40 glow engines from .20 to .75 size 2 strokes, and .50 to .91 4 strokes remaining. I still fly, but not a lot in the hot FL summer time. Lots of folks like me with more than they need, willing to part with some at reasonable prices. Problem is, 2021, shipping rates are sky high. Greyhound often is worthwhile if you buy a quantity and variety of items.
You can also join your local club, and deal locally too at club swap meets. Lots of those in FL too.