RCU Forums - View Single Post - TMMY Scale Composites 27% (120") Cessna 182 TC Skylane.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:35 PM
V35BFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FW,

This is how I do ALL my gas engine setups. Keeping in mind NONE of my engines are larger than 35cc:
What I do is start with three small washers on the UPPER left side (left side being on the LEFT SIDE)
between the engine itself and the respective standoff. LOWER left I use two small washers. UPPER right I use two
small washers, and LOWER right no washers. SEE MY PIC ON POST #100.

Also, if this 120" Cessna 182 were mine, I would spread the load at the firewall AND the plywood plate you made using
fender washers readily available at most hardware stores. The ones with the small hole in the middle just big enough
to pass the socket head cap screws through. OD would be "about" an inch. See the pic with yellow circles. And, see the
pic with my standoffs bolted to the firewall of my Cessna 152. You will see the fender washers. (Disregard the aluminum
plate as I attached it to strengthen the firewall in this particular model).

Lastly, and this is ONLY my opinion.....I personally would not have angled the engine the way you have. It "appears" from
what I can see that you have angled the engine downward as you said, "Eight degrees." IMO, that is too much and you
have not taken care of the right thrust angle for aesthetic purposes.

Again, if this were my 182, I would leave the cowl off entirely, place washers as I have suggested, and fly the plane then
adjust from there. Also, I did not see LOCK washers between the socket "head" and respective washer. Use blue
Locktite as well in all metal-to-metal contact.

Question - how many CCs is your engine?