RCU Forums - View Single Post - FRSky Taranis Beginners Support Group
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 01:00 PM
AussieWings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taranis systems - for beginner

Ted,

This is excellent, and thank you. With the little I know, it's a bit tricky moving forward with first system purchase. I do like the characteristics of the Taranis system by way of what I have read here.

I had a thought - what if I were to simply buy a 2nd (fully compatible) Taranis transmitter? It may not be any more expensive, and much simpler than attempting to interface with another TX brand, using additional components. With that decision in hand, the next question would be how to choose amongst the many apparent Taranis components available (the collection on the Aloft side is a bit overwhelming). I am interested in buying a setup that would keep me going for the first few years, so perhaps a minimum of 6 channels? On the cabled vs wireless interface, I doubt that is a significant issue.

I am driven to buy early in my first flying season, because our club is very small (around a dozen active members, only 2 instructors), and I am hoping that having a complete system in hand will reduce a barrier to some available training days where a trainer package is not available, but an instructor is.

In appreciation - Grant.