RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 01:01 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've flown Moki's for quite a while. Currently own 3 250's. Bought an air world FW190 that was half done. Has an older 250 on it. Person who I bought it from knows what he is doing... said he had it running well. Plane is painted, ready to go, started the motor... starts and idles fine, great power... over heats... like white smoke coming out of all the valves overheats.... Fatten needles. I can get it to run without overheating, but won't go over 2600 RPM. Threw spare 250 on with same fuel set-up, same needle settings (actually same carb)-this one has turbulator and if I used my non-turbulator Moki, would have had to move servos... got it running like a top, zero overheating, just under 3600 rpm... Problem is.... there is a very small difference in length of the two motors and the valves hit the cowl with the second motor in Arrrghhhhh. So, I have to get this first one running. The only thing I have not checked is the valves, doing that hopefully this weekend. Aside from the valves being way off, any other ideas???

Thanks