RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is Active Powersports for real?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 11:59 AM
rwagz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This vendor offers zero value in your quest to buy anything.

The reason this thread won't die is because this sketchy company won't die. I'm including their name here a few more times in case it helps a search engine rank it higher. How can this go on for years?

I was having a difficult time finding something in stock and found it at activepowersports.com which was promising, until I saw that they had good stock on everything. I'm glad I did a little research and found this and many other threads reporting on Escondido powersports bad business practices. Members of RC Universe, thank you!

I used to live a few miles away from their address - industrial part of town near the auto dealership park. Google street view shows a nondescript building with zero signage. I'm guessing that this is just some side hustle running out of a shop whose main business is something else. All we can do is keep threads like this alive. Maybe someone sufficiently angered by this vendor may try to get some of these threads' higher in Google results.

This grifter makes their money by taking orders indiscriminately and without regard to whether they can actually fulfill the order. The site showing everything being 'in stock' brings in traffic. One reason it takes weeks is that it takes a long time to drop ship from aliexpress. Whatever they can't turn a profit on never gets ordered or delivered. This leaves incomplete orders and perhaps some customers that forget to seek a refund.

To their credit, they did answer an email from me. I asked whether they had something in stock (that showed as 'in stock' on their site) and they replied within a day stating that they did not.

If they had said they had it in stock, it would have been a mess while I waited them to procure it for me. Their prices were the same as other vendors.