RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA's Demographic Problem
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 08:06 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
As an individual he can be emotional about those lost, but in his official capacity as a member of the EC, emotion is something the organization cannot afford.

As we see above, our EC members seem more focused on emotion than the reality they face. You see it in the reluctance to stick a fork in magazines that have lost tens of millions of members' dollars - because we have always had them. You see it in the reluctance to cut any staff positions, despite the fact that staff is serving far fewer members - because "We can't cut Jimmy-Jo's position." You see it the EC notes, where the "leadership" romance about model aviation in the 60's - despite that is as far from today as the 60's were from the Wright Brothers.

The EC needs to be governing by those "dry statistics." Like it or not. All the emotion in the world isn't going to fix the AMA's long term outlook. Realistic, pragmatic, rational, and unemotional leadership might. But they'll never know unless they try. But like others, I suspect they just cannot.
Well brilliant individuals such as yourself seem reluctant to run for leadership positons.

I reckon it's easier to sit back and bellyache about what others are doing rather than volunteer your time. Shame really, maybe you could straighten out us bumbling fools eh?