RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA's Demographic Problem
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 08:14 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by astrohog
It's pretty clear that Franklin is not interested in opinions, he is only interested in the facts. Facts don't have feelings.
Exactly. And I went back and counted, 168 last month alone. At that rate per month, we're talking over 2,000 a year. And those are just the ones we know about. Add to that all the folks that just leave the hobby, or don't renew for other reasons. I find it fascinating that in the EC minutes we never hear total numbers month to month. That should be one aspect of standardized metrics that are reported to the EC and members (via minutes), at each and every EC meeting. After all, isn't that one measure for us of how well they're all doing their jobs? But instead, we get rhetorical backflips in comments about percent improvement of this or that. Really tough to know whether that's good or bad when you don't know the denominator.

And even above, our resident EC member immediately jumped on the emotional aspect, in what I believe an effort to divert attention, rather than address the facts presented. Note how he never address whether these tragic losses are being replaced 1 for 1? As I mentioned, as individuals we can all be sad. But in his role as a member of the organization's governing body, he needs to govern by facts. If he's not asking these hard questions in the EC meetings, he should be.

I encourage all members to read the EC minutes and note the obvious absence of comprehensive hard data. I submit there's a reason for that.