RCU Forums - View Single Post - YAMADA YS240 CDI twin
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 01:44 AM
David Bathe

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by apereira
It is like the F3P of today, I can't watch it, it is so boring, and F3A is slowing own with contras to the point in the las WC judges tend to like the faster flying (some of them of course not all).
Good points. I can remember standing watching in early 70's, dumbed down speechless watching a piped Superstar do it's stuff at mach 2. The noise, the spectacle... a 16point roll from horizon to horizon. FANTASTIC!
The fact that it's still alive and kicking today in the vintage community is evidence that things don't actually change, they are simply superseded by something else.
I think F3A is now in such a transition period, young people bringing F3P practices into the F3A arena and folks scratching their heads trying to find the ideal compromise between the two genres. And there's the problem... it's a compromise and that's never good.
F3P arena is a 3d space, F3A isn't. That arena hasn't effectively changed since the flat canvas 60deg rule (quite a long time ago), the game and the mindset are still firmly fixed there. Sure there are some correction manoeuvres, or a rolling circle etc but's it's effectively still 2D canvas based.
The question is, how long can it remain so before it too is relegated to the vintage pattern community?
A paradigm shift is coming... stop thinking box, think 3D cube. Close, slow, big, multi directional and a real mind bending experience. WOW!

Last edited by David Bathe; 06-16-2021 at 10:51 AM.