RCU Forums - View Single Post - Elite EX5 Serial Bus Servo Expander
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 02:53 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JSF-TC
I've been seeing the ads for the new Elite Serial Bus product line from Esprit.

https://www.espritmodel.com/elite-ex...ilization.aspx

One question though that I don't see answered.

The Elite EX5 Serial Bus Servo Expander is shown powered from a battery to ensure that it has enough current capacity for up to 5 servos. However, no switch is shown in any of the layouts.

Does the EX5 contain an electronic battery switch so when the model and primary receiver is switched off that the EX5 and connected servos are also powered down, or do you have to separately disconnect its battery also?

Thanks

Paul
I'm assuming it would normally be powered by the same batteries / switch as the receiver, but with it's own power lead to improve power distribution. Something along the idea of Smart Flys Super Switch that has a a single HD input (16 AWG ?) and a couple of 20 AWG JR/universal connectors as output from the switch with one going to the Receiver the other going to serial bus expander. Of course there are end less variations with dual batteries, multiple serial expanders and so on so this was just meant to be a simple example using a single batterie and switch to power both the receiver and serial expander.