RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli SBD-3 Dauntless build
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 04:46 PM
BatteryBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. It was hard setting the Corsair down for a bit. I'm hoping to have the new engine in hand when I get back to that build.

I'm still looking over notes to figure out what I should be doing next. Funny thing - i had a handwritten list of notes from boB's build with page numbers. I knew that the admin would go through threads and clean out comments, but did not think about the impact to the page numbering. There's a bit of compression that takes place. So the notes I have, while sequential, will only have accurate page numbers for a short bit of time.

Any way, I think I will need to get on with more sanding and priming to get the major sections ready for panel lines. This will come before detailing the lower center section with tanks etc, and adding wingtip lights and other detail.

I was able to get the ammo hatches cut.

My best approximation for the size and location using my reference books.

Cut to fit using a tin snips. I like this over a dremel wheel and can only get away with the snips on thinner layups.

If tape were a good hinge, I'd be done.

I cut these hinges and was relieved that it just happen to come out to an even number of sections (knuckles?). I always replace the center wire with a smaller wire.