RCU Forums - View Single Post - FRSky Taranis Beginners Support Group
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 02:21 PM
Hyjinx

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by tedsander
Well, this might be a bit hard to work through, as 2.2.2 is now pretty old. I'm working from 2.3.12, so hope it is "close enough". I'm typing what Companion shows, so what you see on the radio screen will be a bit different, but should have the same information.
In Mixing, for the flap channel, mine made with the wizard has only the two lines:
MAX Weight(+100%) Switch(SA↑)
MAX Weight(-100%) Switch(SA↓)
This potentially gives you THREE flap positions - Full up (no flaps), partial flap, and full down flaps.

"MAX" is a special source, saying, "always use +100 to start the math"
So the first line says "If SA↑, take 100 * +100% and therefore move the servo as far as the hard limit ("max") will let it, as set on the Outputs page".
The second line says "If SA↓, take 100 * -100% and therefore move the servo as far as the other hard limit ("min") will let it, as set on the Outputs page".
Because nothing is defined for the middle position (SA -), it defaults to telling the servo "just go to the center". Same as if you plugged it into a channel that was never defined in Mixing at all.

So ideally, one would have the linkage on the plane set for one switch position (up or down) to be no flaps with the servo rotated to the max one way.
Flipping the switch all the other way (down instead of up, or vice versa) would tell the servo to move as far as possible the other way, giving full down flap. With the servo centered for partial flap for the middle switch position.

On mine, reducing the Weight on either of the above two lines does then reduce how far the servo moves - using 50%, and the flaps won't come up all the way or go down all the way (depending on which line was changed). Going above 100% weight produces no change for either, because of the hard limit over on the Outputs. So one can reduce the high side, if needed, to get exactly "0" flap, and reduce the low if the flaps go down too far. But initially you can't get more in either direction.

But, before we get into how to fix, tell me a bit more about your setup:
1. Do you have the above two similar entries? If not, what settings did yours do for you?
2. Single servo drives both flaps?
3. What is wrong for the current setup - They don't fully retract? They don't deploy far enough/or go too far? The mid-flap position is too much/too little. Or some combination of these? How out of whack are they - a little, a lot?
4. How hard/easy is it to adjust the linkage - length, adjuster for arm length on the flaps, changing the hole on the servo arm, etc.
5. Frsky (or compatible receiver) or are you using a completely different brand (Spektrum, etc.)?

Thanks Ted answers by number.1 I just created a model with the wizard as a test model. The defaults in wizard i set up like a tundra. Single servo s and y cables. Then rename the model and bind it to the plane.
I would like to have the ability to power two flap positions and also mix to elevator. ​​​and I do have similar entries as you.2. No. One servo per flap on a y cable. Into the default #7 channel on the mix screen.

3. They function correctly as created. And are very close to a try in the air. Middle position a little to much and the full position pegged at 90 degrees.

4. All doable to some extent.

5.frsky 8xr from aloft. Recievers is probably 2019 vintage. No updates to recievers.
So once bound to the plane I have l flaps that are neutral/not deployed on switch sa in the up position
better than half on the middle position.
Slightly over traveled in the low switch position.
I cannot adjust the travel in position 2and 3on the switch. I can adjust the travel with weight on the first switch position ( Neutral/not deployed)
So the condition that exists I can't overcome= is simply adjusting the throw on the servo to meet my needs.
​​​​in positions 2 and 3.
when I attempt to clone the mix line and assign individual edits to the clones, I don't get a solution.