RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 03:34 PM
JPEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He he he, Bad JPEE, I love it…..my work is done!

I may stand corrected Mark, but if you made in slang what I would call a double decker train layout, i’m being serious, what about to use the term in “New York L Train? You see in the TV shows those steel girders that are holding up the train and they run around the city above the streets and the cars go underneath, just a thought.

My good friend Phil who you’ve seen his garden railroad as he calls it, has a place where the tracks cross each other in what I would call a very very very loose figure8. When we had two trains running sitting side-by-side and chairs with two different transformers we were having a ball but it doesn’t take much for like something Einstein would have a numerical code for but inherently the one train would catch up with the other one at the crossing of the tracks and could wreck if your weren’t watching closely. And as I said it was just crazy we would be looking at each end of the track and where we were and then sooner or later we would wind up coming together and one of us would have to slow way down and try and get that distance between each other so we didn’t wind up at that crossing at the same moment. I think you have the makings conceptually of a absolutely wonderful train layout in the works. As time goes by I would urge you to devote a small notebook to it and make your sketches and as time goes by with the railroad you have, you might see things and want to improvise differently or find things that really don’t work at the moment so you could remove that from your future conceptual plan.
Retirement age, you can’t even spell those two words you young whippersnapper!

I’m telling you this heat wave is getting costly, $400 plus in water and 300 in electricity predominantly air conditioning and that is for a 60 days. Right now at 4:00 pm. it’s 91.
Hope your faring ok with the storm your were expecting?

Exchanged an email with a rotary doc yesterday. I had written Glenn and asked him if he remembered who a kid was by name. Lol he couldn’t even remember anybody being or acting like that kid and cutting out spokes and lightning all of his helicopters. I was having this debat with one of the old timers from that Forum recently. Glenn is doing fine working a lot of hours at the car dealership and overall is OK. Somebody from that original forum was debating me about this one kid that used to cut spokes out of his main gears drill holes in the body had this craziness about making everything lighter. And I said oh I remember the kid, but that not his name (what the other guy said) and then he for some reason had to move to Hawaii I think to follow his girlfriend and then later they broke up and he was devastated. So yesterday being bored stiff I went through maybe 100 pages of the old forum WHEEEEEE and as I went through it and read the different guys names, I saw it I think J-MICHAEL, and as the old cowboy said; that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. It was interesting reading skimming through what we were all doing back in the day before we went to our forum, are these blades for a CP pro. There was Crash crash, ArrowNautical, Glenn , me J Michael, Orcus And others.

I am 90% sure I understand what you wanna do with your rear end, god that sounds terrible doesn’t it, lol……..but let me ask this question, if you start changing your ring and or pinion gears are you not going to have to reset the lash between those two gears and set up the entire rear end again?

Your son is going to be so excited when he can just put on his engineer hat Giver her half throttle and let his train just run unattended around the track and keep coming back to him what a delight that is going to be, you’ll be wide-eyed and bushy tailed on that day for sure.

Take care and keep your powder dry.

Here’s a video I made for a friend that wanted to see my antennas on my roof and how I did it and he too has put up his own solar panels and is running most of his house lighting off 12 V. He’s also ham operator and got a room full of antennas so I was just showing him my place so here’s a video. I flew the drone very slowly so I was not to hit anything but then I had to run it eight times it’s filming speed so the video would not drag on.

PS: glad you got Loctite on your front end.