RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 08-19-2021, 06:02 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

The Middle East has been a warzone for as far back as history is known. The Crusades was Christianity vs Muslim, was a stalemate for a long time until Christianity was pushed back. Part of why you find old Christian churches in fully Muslim cities. Their faith in the Koran is the strongest in the world, and why they can't be defeated.

On a happy note, we close on the refi tomorrow, 3.125% rate, drops $300+ from my monthly mortgage payment, and getting enough cash to fully repair the house. In the process of getting quotes for the heavy stuff now. After reviewing taxes between IL and WI, we decided to stay here for the time being, and I found a way to reduce property taxes by planting a hay field on at least 3 1/2 acres. Should cut taxes by 50%. I will need to purchase a disc mower, rake and baler, but I figure for $20K investment, it will pay off in 5 years. The Disc mower and rake can be powered by my Kubota, but I might need another tractor for the baler, depending on what I find, going to look for used equipment of course, though I do know for $18K I can get a complete package, but its a roll baler instead of square baler. Horse people prefer square bales.