RCU Forums - View Single Post - Caelus New F3A design by Top RC Model
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 05:58 AM
wattsup
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You are exactly correct, one can never be too careful when repairing a crack most anywhere in a 2 meter composite fuselage. My fear is what I can't see! About 6 years ago I had the nose of one of my current generation 2 meter planes completely shear off coming out of the 1st maneuver of Masters and to this day still have PTSD! I will tell anyone number 1, be careful which 2 meter pattern plane you buy and number 2, do NOT assume your overpriced "master piece" is indestructible! I've been in the game for more than 30 years and am keenly aware of all the activity that goes on behind the scene that the average pattern flyer is not aware of. IMHO, the future of "pattern" i(as we know it) is hanging in the balance. To bring this into focus, my Sportsman Class at the 1990 AMA Nats had more flyers than this years Nats combined total of flyers! Everyone fears the future FAA rules and regulations but are seemingly oblivious to the REAL monster in the room....Ourselves! I wish you well and hope I can be of service again in the future.

Last edited by wattsup; 08-20-2021 at 07:45 AM.