RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli Fockewolf 190 Restoration
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 06:00 AM
gonzalobures

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad Veich
I am going to guess and say this is most likely a Vailly Aviation kit. Ziroli, to my knowledge, has never offered a Focke Wulf of any type. Nice bird whatever its genesis, good luck with it.
Hi Chad thanks for your comments and interest.

As for the origin of the plans, I did do some research and as a matter of fact, I do have the plans from which the model was constructed from. They are 20 years old and used to construct 2 FW 190's, (I have both of the models, one is not finished). I am attaching a photo of the plan and even thou they do I have of them, some areas were cutoff and I could not find anywhere who's plan is it. The plans do have the model name and the writreoffs for construction, but were the plan maker logo would go is missing. I am sure its not the Vailly plan since the Vailly is 90.5" of wingspan and the model is 100". 100" is a signature for Ziroli Models. But in the plan I do not have the info to sustain it. I will ask Ramon, the model builder of both FW 190's, hope he can recall after 20 years. Ziroli does have all the accesories for the 100" model, cowling, canopy, bubbles, plastic hood, spinner, etc. I am sure that thede should not fit a 90..5" wingspan model.
Will let you know of my findings.
Once more thanks again for your input and interest.
Gonzo

FW 190 plans used by Ramon Medina to construct 2 models.