RCU Forums - View Single Post - It’s been a long time.
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 05:32 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Was beginning to think you had something unfortunate happen to you, glad to know that's not the case.
I have an 11cc CMB in my scale 2000 Elam Plus and normally have it on the water within a minute or two of getting it running. Never had a problem with that amount of time. When I did have a problem was when I had changed rudders and I didn't get enough water into the cooling jacket. Head button got too hot, expanded due to heat and failed to hold compression with the side effect of blowing out glow plugs. Put the old rudder back on, problem solved. Unfortunately, that all happened at a national competition so I scored no points. In fact, I went DNF, DSQ, DNF and DNF. Come to think about it, didn't do much better at the only race I've run at in the past three or four years. Went DNS, DNF and withdrew for the rest of the day. Had a 1994 Budweiser die in front of me and ended up running over it. Neither boat was badly damaged but the damage I had wasn't fixable due to not having enough parts. I'm hoping to get it back on the water for a race on Sunday but, like everything else, that's yet to be seen.