RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hooben 1/10 Cromwell
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 10:19 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by MAUS45
Jerry is this calling you?
I hate to admit knowing Hooben's history, hearing of Herrmill's busted Hetzer and my own experience with the missing electronics
in my 1/10 Hooben T-34.

Hooben did offer to sell me a 1/10 Cromwell without the electronics and radio for 45 bucks off the pre-orderr price so there's that.
( I think I posted this earlier in the 1/16 thread)

Yeah I'd love to have one but somehow Hooben's continued program of the non existant options they keep advertising has begun to grate.

-I've found that the optional metal barrel isn't available as it was too expensive for Hooben to order a small number.
-Metal tracks aren't an option- I doubt they'll ever be for any of their 1/10 models.
-Upper hull is hot glued PVC sheet - pretty well done actually but seems a chicken way to build it.
-Still no rubber tires on the 1/10 models.

Even though I had issues with my T-34 I consider myself lucky that so far it hasn't broken and I don't know what the Cromwell would be like.
I'm sure the suspension is all plastic- almost unthinkable for a larger model.

Still I'm dumb enough I'll probably order one. I'm one of those guys the chap who first said "There's a sucker born every minute"
was thinking of.....(PS there's no evidence PT Barnum ever actually said this but someone did.)

Jerry