RCU Forums - View Single Post - BajaHobby L39
Thread: BajaHobby L39
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 05:07 PM
Piggy18

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy Smith
I have the same servos and it seems to fly great. No problems. Sometimes I think we get carried away thinking that we need massive amounts of torque. I prefer a servo that has very precise centering (repeatable) so that a guy isn't constantly trimming. So far no issue. I have about 25 flights on mine.

It was [strongly] recommended to me to use Hysol adhesive and glue solid the joint between the front of the fuselage and the rear. I was made aware of one case where the connection that is made by the four or five threaded bolts failed in flight during a high G vertical pull up from level. I glued it solid with Hysol and I can sleep at night. There is a lot of weight in the forward part of the fuselage so I can see where a failure such as that might occur.

This model flies GREAT! I love it but it continues to challenge me on landing. I find that I must land with some power on. It seems to be VERY draggy in landing configuration. I have some other jets where I can just chop the throttle and coast in to a nice landing. With this plane I have to maintain a couple of clicks of throttle stick all the way to the final flare otherwise I have had it drop out of the sky and tear out the landing gear from the mounting plates. I generally fly from a field that is about 3300 ft above sea level so that could be part of it.

Thanks Randy it sounds like the stock 18kg servos will be fine, ill have another look at the nose section. i do know what you mean one more bolt in the middle at the bottom would probably be a good addition