RCU Forums - View Single Post - 15th Annual "ROUTE 66 JETS, 2021"
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 08:55 AM
RSO

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

"RT 66 Jets, 2021" is in the books. Was really great to see everyone, including some new faces. A special thanks to Ron & Mark for their extra efforts this year. They've now been promoted for their outstanding work.

We had some of the best flying weather ever, and you guys really ripped up the sky. Already looking forward to more normalcy next year.

The young boy Zechariah, pictured below, after having attended a past middle school field trip to our event was so inspired by what he saw that he created the painting he's holding, which the airport then purchased from him. We typically host approximately 300 students at our event with pilot talks and flight demonstrations.

Also pictured below is Elmer holding the local weekly newspaper featuring his T-33 aircraft on the front page and an article about our event.

The National Anthem was played in remembrance of 9/11 by Lewis Patton on his trumpet.

Please feel free to add your own pics and comments to this thread, as I was so busy & tired I didn't get my normal amount of shots.

Jerry Crow, CD
Ron Colbert, Asst. CD
http://www.litchfieldil.com/airport/route66jets.htm