RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 04:09 PM
Hyjinx

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse Open
Surely did, just the engine 1974 was the year. It was sitting out behind Lee's Surplus on GratiotvAve near 10 Mile Road. You have probably heard of the fellow they just released from prison, name of "White Boy Rick" The owner of Lee's was his daddy. It was sitting there minus the head etc but it did have the Heath gearbox snd prop hub in place. I paid $15 for it because Lee said that was about what the scrap value was and he was about to scrap it! I sold the engine, sans the Heath parts to a local Indian shop "Indian Wally". About 10 years later met a fellow from Chicago who was restoring a Heath Parasol and he was quite happy to take the Heath gearbox etc.

Restored a couple of the Indian version engines at our shop back then.

I caught that thing about one day away from the scrap yard.

You can web search "White Boy Rick" or "Rick Wershe" for more info on Lee's kid.

Be cool to see Saito make an inline four, glow engine!
Better still, a triple
LolIndian Wally hung out with Cowboy ( RIP ) at my buddy Mary Janes Chopper Heaven (RIP) Dave Mutchall on schoolcraft and evergreen in Da Hood.
I spent many cold dark days chuckin wood into a barrel at the shop with Mary Jane. Dicking around with knucks, pans and shovels. LONG before I flipped a Saito.
My 65 rose up from parts there in the early eighties.
Was owned by a Vagabond when I pulled the engine out of the hacked up wishbone cradle. Bolted it into the bone stock un cut e glide frame Dave had printed my name on.
Usually held the scattergun at the back door as Dave locked up and we split.
I was a "biker" back then. HEHE.
Saitos are so much safer....