RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Engine Internal Bearing Supplier UK
Old 09-19-2021, 04:02 AM
Gazza667UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Engine Internal Bearing Supplier UK

Hi,
As this is my first post since joining today, apart from hello from sunny Birmingham UK, i'd like to recommend a UK supplier that i stumbled across recently.
A long story short - My Team Orion .26 Nitro engine died a painful death recently. It had been running perfect on my Mugen Super Sport
WRX Ford Focus 1/8 car until a few weeks ago when whilst idling, it stopped suddenly. The crank had locked, so rather than try starting it again, i took the engine off to inspect. The inner rear crank bearing had broken up. So (after trawling the net for what seemed like weeks) all i could come up with was US suppliers of what looked a very expensive replacement bearing.
My day job is a car & truck mechanic, so i made a few enquiries with people in the trade, only to be hit with a brick wall. No one had a heat resistant Novarossi 14mm x 25mm x 6mm bearing. So it looked like a purchase from the good ole US of A for around £75 ($100+) inc postage. Until i stumbled upon a company in Oxford UK called SMB Bearings Ltd. I downloaded their catalogue & found the correct size heat resistant bearing i was looking for. After a couple of emails to their sales office i was quoted £6.80 + £2.95 postage ($9.34 + $4) all in. Anyway, the bearing arrived & the only difference between the new one & the broken Novarossi bearing was the branding stamp. So now my Nitro car is back up & running perfect again.
So if any of you guys n gals are after any bearings, give them a shout at smbbearings.com