RCU Forums - View Single Post - Will EC member EVER acknowledge the financial trends?
Old 09-19-2021, 09:19 AM
aymodeler
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fliers1
"AMA president Rich Hanson stated that the future of the organization is in new member acquisition. He would like to see more focus on a strategy for new member acquisition. District 2 Vice president Eric Williams stated that if clubs aren’t doing as they had in the past and growing their clubs, AMA needs to find a new gateway to attracting new members. The committee is enthused about entertaining all possibilities and sharing them"
If they are serious about it, then they need to make the AMA look a lot more like FliteTest and draw in a younger crowd that has a completely different outlook about the hobby. But as I have said elsewhere, that kind of irreverent, casual and carefree approach to the hobby is totally anathema to the stodgy old baby boomers (like myself) that make up the current membership. We can talk all day about the EC and the magazine and all other would've-could've-should'ves, but at the end of the day, the membership is getting exactly the kind of organization it wants and until that membership finishes aging out, nothing fundamental will change.