RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes 1/3 Scale Pitts Special
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 02:09 AM
rowdog_14
My Feedback: (5)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbird3
hey Speedy, great thread. it has been a long time since i have visited this particular thread but a few years ago i posted some photos of my pitts with an OS 320. just thought i would share them with you again. this bird was a delite to put together and it flies great. i have had it for five years now but i haven't flown it for about three now. i intend to get it down and fly it this summer. it weighs in at 23# and has no bad habbits. it balanced perfectly without any additional weight. they say that it will get 'unfriendly' over 18# but it settles in on a three point very nicely. the addition of a few details really inhances it's appearance and gets a lot of wow's at the field. bigbird has a sweet touch on the controls too. hehe! the ducting was necessary to keep the back cylinders cool. i eventually added cowl flaps on the cheeks and bottom outlet and finally it stayed cool. i have misplaced the cowl flap pictures. sorry.
enjoy and thanks again. bird.
bigbird3 I hope you see this 🙂. What modification did you have to make, if any to get the Pegasus 320 to work? Also do you think a 240 would work? Thanks