RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pitts Special Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 09:26 AM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Heck, I forgot I had signed up for auto notification. Thanks for reminding me.

I don't have a Pitts right now (nor have had, yet). But I am acquiring the parts to build a 1/3 scale Andy Sheber Pitts s1s. My plans from Rick Boyer are supposed to arrive today.
I have a DlE 60cc engine for it as well as the fiberglass parts and canopy from fiberglass Specialties. I bought all of those a couple of years ago. Now I working on the electronics. I have the batteries, servos, and the receivers. Still need to purchase the sensors, and switches to complete all of the electronics.

For big expensive builds I like to have all of the spendy parts on hand all ready.

I am using Hitec HS-645MG High Torque, Metal Gear (4) for flight control surfaces) and a Futaba S3004 Standard Ball Bearing Servo for the throttle. Aluminum servo arms all the way around. Batteries will be (3) Spectrum 6.6V 2200mAh LiFe batteries. 1 will be ignition and 2 for the radio power into there own switch for redundancy. Will Y cable the 2 switches together then into the Rx. Receivers will be 2 FrSky RX8R PRO. The second Rx will be for redundancy.. My transmitter for all of my planes is FrSky Horus X10.

Covering will be SIG Koverall and aircraft dope.

Right now my wife and i are in the process of moving 2000 miles. my shop is either packed or the bigger tools pushed out of the way. So the build will not happen the year for sure, but hoping to start the winter of next year.

acerc invited future builders to go ahead and use his 2 threads to post their own builds. So I will do that. He did 2 build threads.
Heck, I forgot I had signed up for auto notification. Thanks for reminding me.

I don't have a Pitts right now (nor have had, yet). But I am acquiring the parts to build a 1/3 scale Andy Sheber Pitts s1s. My plans from Rick Boyer are supposed to arrive today.
I have a DlE 60cc engine for it as well as the fiberglass parts and canopy from fiberglass Specialties. I bought all of those a couple of years ago. Now I working on the electronics. I have the batteries, servos, and the receivers. Still need to purchase the sensors, and switches to complete all of the electronics.

To be truthful when I bought the engine, if I had been aware of the Saito 60cc twin I would have gone that way even though it has less power.

Not using any digital servos, just analog. I am using Hitec HS-645MG High Torque, Metal Gear (4) for flight control surfaces) and a Futaba S3004 Standard Ball Bearing Servo for the throttle. Aluminum servo arms all the way around. Batteries will be (3) Spectrum 6.6V 2200mAh LiFe batteries. 1 will be ignition and 2 for the radio power into there own switch for redundancy. Will Y cable the 2 switches together then into the Rx. Receivers will be 2 FrSky RX8R PRO. The second Rx will be for redundancy.. My transmitter for all of my planes is FrSky Horus X10.

For sensors I intend to use a voltage sensor on each Rx battery, SP-FLVS - Smart Port Lipo Voltage Sensor. Nothing on ignition. I also intend to install an FrSky Air Speed Sensor (SPASS-70). Still need to purchase the sensors.

I also have a Dualsky FC151 - 3D Stabilizer to rescue me from panic situations, hopefully.

Covering will be SIG Koverall and aircraft dope.

Right now my wife and i are in the process of moving 2000 miles. my shop is either packed or the bigger tools pushed out of the way. So the build will not happen the year for sure, but hoping to start the winter of next year.

acerc invited future builders to go ahead and use his 2 threads to post their own builds. So I will do that. Here and Here. I will link back here.

Ken