RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 05:51 AM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Swap meet finds

Yesterday I went to a swap meet north of Dallas. I had to drive right through Dallas to get there. I now remember why I don’t like big cities and live out in the country. The early morning traffic was crazy. This was the first swap meet I’ve been to in two years because of the covid crisis. I was able to pick up several Saito bargains. Some of these engines will be winter rebuild projects.

For the rebuilds projects I picked up two Saito 80 engines and one Saito 65 that I think is the high compression version. The 65 has the bump on the piston and has an old version of the carb with an air bleed. One of the Saito 80 engines needs an exhaust system that I will be keeping an eye out for.

I also got a nice early version open rocker Saito 30. This engine is in really nice shape. I will probably never fly it but for the price it will be a nice addition to my collection.

Of the non-Saito things, I was able to pick up: I bought 2 gallons of nitro at a good price. Since I mix my own fuel that is one of the things that I really have to look for to keep the price of fuel in hand. I also picked up a new Sig LT-40 kit to build. I have the little LT-25 with an old pre-Surpass FS40 so I hope this plane will fly as nice. I also picked up a couple of non Saito engines. I think I am pretty well set for winter projects.