RCU Forums - View Single Post - Luke's Barn find Panther....part 2
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 08:09 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by lposter
Its nice to see that California is targetting the major contributors to fossil fuel emissions. Lawnmowers and hedge trimmers...........

p
This is on top of the upcoming effective law that California will not longer allow registrations of new non-EV private and fleet vehicles after 2035
I believe it is set. Anyone wanting a new car after that time will need to purchase a pure EV. Neither ICE powered or hybrids will be sold here after that year.
THat is the plan anyway. No one here really believes our antiquated power grid will be able to support these rules but there it is. As it is today there are planned
black and brown outs during peak usage times in the power grid as it already is often over taxed. If everyone is charging their EV buggies at the same time
along with their garden tools and mowers, running the air conditioners and their frappe machines... well you get the picture. Yet atomic power is frowned on,
perhaps all homes here will be required to be coated with solar panels and.have a personal windmill. I've embraced (LiPo) electric tools of all sorts as I've said.
The new batteries available are really good performers for most everything I need. Not cheap but good..

I've changed my view of electric powered models over the years. They are powerful in the extreme, (can be) quiet and maintenance is virtually brain dead. Vs
my ICE powered tanks where I need to watch temps, fuel mixtures, filtering, air cleaners, carb settings, clutch settings/ rpm limits, cooling, lubrication, after run and pre -run
care and on and on. I grew to like it all but they have never been run and forget types of things. You can't get away from doing certain minimal care or they'll bite you by breaking
something that takes some doing to fix.I've not had that concern with electrics even though I still baby mine - a holdover from running the more temperamental types I began with.
I just don't like thrashing and breaking expensive things...

In view of the laws here I know for certain that all other states are eyeing what we do here. Not sure what will become of the big car rental companies- not sure how EV's will work for them nor trucking companies and shippers. Then there are diesel trains....

Jerry