RCU Forums - View Single Post - TRX4 crawler kit
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 03:22 AM
loves nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRX4 crawler kit

With winter coming fast I’m thinking about build a TRX 4 crawler kit for a winter project, I know they can be built in a day or so but I want to work on it when
the snow is flying and it’s single didgets outside, I’ll go slow and take my time with it. The last kits I built were in the 80’s for my son, they were the Tamiya frog and grasshopper kits. I know Traxxas has two versions, the TRX4 , and the TRX4 sport, I’m thinking the TRX4 cuz it comes with all the electronics, so maybe they’ll be simpler to install than if I got electronics other than Traxxas, and from what I understand the Sport is a single speed trans, and no locking axels. Now I’ve never even held a rock crawler so I really know absolutely nothing about them but on the you tube vids they look like a lot of fun. Right now I have 3 RC trucks, an HPI Savage 4.6, a Traxxas TMaxx 2.2 and a Traxxas 2 wheel drive Stampede. Ive been going back and forth between a road car and rockcrawler as both are cool. Since it’s been about 33 yrs since I last built a kit I’d appreciate any advice from y’all.
thanks,
Paul