RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can I use higher mah batteries
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 06:03 PM
WaltMrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thank you response

I really appreciate you both answering my question and educating me on the batteries. I'm new to the forum and new to remote control vehicles. I've had a couple of helicopters several years ago but have never bought extra batteries. Now with four vehicles I want to buy extra batteries and after looking at what was available on Amazon I was confused. Luckily all the vehicles use the same type "T" connector so the batteries will be interchangeable. I will keep in mind the size and weight of the batteries while I'm deciding what mAh I want to order. Thank you both so much. If there is any other information either of you or anyone else would like to school me on that you think might help me I would appreciate it. I see some of the batteries go all the way up to 5000 mAh and 6000 mAh but I would need to check the size and weight. I was really just wondering about getting some that are 1500 mAh or 2000 mAh to use. I was just really afraid I would be taking a chance on frying the engine of burning up the wiring. the batteries that came with the vehicles, 1000 mAh, 1200 mAh and 1300 mAh, only last from 15 to 20 minutes of running at high speeds. I'm just hoping to extend that time with the higher mAh batteries that I will purchase. So I'm not having to change and recharge batteries as often when my grandson and I are racing them. That's one of the main reasons I purchased four vehicles.