RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can I use higher mah batteries
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 01:41 AM
WaltMrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Another battery question

When I'm looking at RC batteries for my RC trucks I understand the volts and the mAh numbers and even the type of connectors now, but I have another question. In looking at all the different batteries and I notice that there is another number that represents something, but I'm not sure what it is and what effect it has on the RC vehicle. It's the numbers that are followed by a "C". The size batteries that I am looking at mostly, are anywhere from 1500 mAh to 2200 mAh. The numbers I am seeing are 25C, 30C, 50C and 60C mostly. The 1500 mAh batteries are for my two 1/18 scale and two 1/16 scale rc vehicles. The 2000 mAh and 2200 mAh I'm looking at for my 1/10 scale rc truck. I really appreciate the people in this forum helping to educate me about the batteries. My grandson and I are having so much fun with the RC trucks, when we go to empty parking lots and set up out mini safety cones, so we can race. We can't recharge our batteries there so that is why I want to buy extra batteries. They aren't cheap, so I don't want to waste my money or damage the rc vehicles wiring or motors. Thank you to anyone who can answer my question about these other numbers, what they refer to and the effect they have on the rc vehicles.