RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA / MAAC reciprocal agreement ends......
Old 11-18-2021, 10:51 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I don't think he was career. I seem to remember reading that he was enlisted P3 Aircrew. Whether he was an E1 or an E9, I'll leave that up to him to share...
Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
So now I can't be career because I was enlisted?

Nice
As I'm sure you remember from your elementary school English class, a sentence is a complete thought.

You'll note in my earlier quote, included above for your convenience, I said "I don't think he was career." Note the PERIOD at the end of that statement. The following sentence is another complete thought, not related to the first given it also ends with a period of it's own and set apart from the earlier sentence by a ... wait for it ... a PERIOD. Thus two complete and INDEPENDENT thoughts. For the record, I do not know whether or not you were career, hence the simple declarative statement to that effect in the first sentence.

One can be career and enlisted. One can be career and not enlisted. And in fact one can be careeer and both enlisted and not enlisted. You know that. I know that. And you know or should know that as an O5 I likely have more than a passing understanding of Navy personnel processes - to include retirement.

Oh, and one more thing. "I was a Navy Petty Officer flying on the P-3 Orion patrol aircraft..." (Note 1). No mention of retired status. One would think if he was indeed retired, it would have been noted in his campaign statement.

Note 1: https://www.modelaircraft.org/2019campaign

Last edited by franklin_m; 11-18-2021 at 10:56 AM.