RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-51 Mustang Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 05:17 PM
Txmustangflyer

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by paladin
first off if those are robarts, i've never owned a set but have worked on two, they tend to bend as you use them making them unreliable. now that that is out find three view to place the strut, then once the strut is placed with the wheels down at 0AoA looking down on the wing the wheel axles should be under the l.e. of the wing. i hope this is understandable.

to combat the weakness of the retract frame you need to make the wood mounts as strong as you can.

how do you like the pica carve a p-51 build process? i had a st-3000 then g-62 in mine.

Joe
You still have that plane with the Zenoah?

If you do, can I ask a favor? Like a klunkhead, before I sent my engine off, I forgot to get the measurement from the mount plate to the back of the prop hub so I can't order my stand offs. The Hanger 9, from the mounting box to the cowl opening is 6.25 inches. I just dunno how long the the engine is. Everything I find online includes the hub 😞
(yes, I'm an overzealous idiot, flame away)

nm... figured out Joe and Paladin are one in the same. If you still have one of your G62's, if you'd measure I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by Txmustangflyer; 11-29-2021 at 06:19 PM.