RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brian Hebert Storm EX
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 05:18 PM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Excellent airplane with a very well known designer. Still competitive at least through advanced. I would say that the biggest drawback is that it is glow powered. YS engines are the best 4-strokes made, but glow power is disappearing from pattern. Unfortunately, the expertise to run glow engines is also waning. Possible buyers would be a pattern aficionado looking for something in that vintage (early 2 meter design) or a pattern newcomer with a mentor who currently or previously competed using YS for power. Determine actual value is almost impossible. If nobody wants to buy it does that make it worthless? I say ‘no’. If a few people are interested, the value could exceed your expectations. A Naruke design from about 12 years ago just sold on the Japanese auction site JAUCE for about $1800 US. It was built by Naruke and included all equipment (YS 160, all servos, no RX or battery) and was a back up model for a top Japanese competitor. The built airplane Probably cost in the neighborhood of $5,000 and add at least $1,000 for equipment and the buyer got a great deal (only 30 flights on the model and it looked immaculate in the photos). This just my 2 cents.
good luck!