RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster 1:7.5 F-4 Phantom
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 06:39 AM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Miniflyer
Hello kevin,

All is glued with those whiteish resinish goo poodles, nothing with bolts, and no way to insert the tanks. I will throw them out anyway and go for bag tanks, so i dont care anymore, but for me the "ARF" in this F4 kit stands for "AlReady F§%$ed-Up". I will throw out all pneumatics and connectors, overdo the wing hinging, get the gear electric with hydraulic brakes, replace the banana thrust tube with one that ends straight and see if it can be finished in a somewhat good manor, but i will need time for that, which i currently just dont have.

Cheers
Yes I know it’s frustrating to fix their work. But last BVM kit I bought costs $10,000 and needed 600 hours to build and paint. Paid under $4k for 1 7 3/4 scale F4. I did have to fix some things but it is a great flyer. I have one Tam pipe straight and one original both fly good. The pipe needs 5 degrees down thrust so bent pipe facing down crests that and works well. Hopefully you will get motivated in future and finish it as you will enjoy once that’s done