RCU Forums - View Single Post - DKLM gearbox
Thread: DKLM gearbox
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 12:13 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Tankster
My DKLM gearbox developed one totally wallered out bearing recess and allowed the gears to completely slip while climbing any incline. Very disappointed.
I happened to have a new Heng Long version on hand so I installed it and never looked back. I did however use the DKLM’s slower drive gear on my Heng Long unit.
Not saying that I couldn’t possibly repair the DKLM but didn’t want to bother with it. If I ever buy a second tank I will buy another Heng Long dual current gearbox for it as well.
edit. Just found my old video.
https://youtu.be/M-zSRtn4THk
I think if you took one half of the mounts off any gearbox the same thing would happen. There are many happy users of the pdsgb that have never had an issue. However I have found the manufacturer to be very helpful after I managed to bend a final draft shaft which was causing a tight spot. Think he charged me $10 for the repair and that gear pack has been going strong since.

I'm wary of the HL knock offs as they're just as expensive (if not more) and have cut a few corners which I think will effect longevity