RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite ARF Tucano Build
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 03:44 AM
johannmicallef

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are some photos from my build. Still works in progress.

First job was to build a new fire wall into the carbon firewall that was provided with the kit. This was because I will be using a Wren 44 Gold which I had in my old scratch built Tucano. You can see the new firewall glued in place with hysol and reinforced with carbon cloth. The engine was aligned to match the right and down thrust of the cowl.

I also laser cut a new plate for the rudder servo. The kit was designed for two servos but with today's powerful servos, one will more than enough for scale flying.

I also decided to go for a more scale look. Instead of using the supplied grill on the bottom of the fuselage, I opted to open up the scale radiator grills. It wasn't possible to open the full grill since there is the tube former running along but I opened as much as possible . Apart from being more scale, it also offers more air into the fuselage for the turbine intake. Since there is the fuel tank formers running between the holes, I reinforced the area with carbon tape and furthermore I used carbon around the holes.

I also manged to install the tube for the smoke inside the turbine stacks. I drilled a 3mm hole inside the stacks clamps and did a little slot in the stacks. I squeezed the bottom end of the tube to create a mist effect inside the stack.

This weekend I will try to finish the pluming of the tanks and install them. I will be running 3 stock tanks, 2x with kerosene and one for smoke. For UAT I will be using Intairco.

All surfaces apart from the rudder will have Hitec HS-7955TG, rudder Hitec HS-M7990TH
I will be running JR DMSS XB1-CHB with RG031BX
Custom sequencer
Life battery's