RCU Forums - View Single Post - BajaHobby L39
Thread: BajaHobby L39
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 08:01 AM
Agrav8ed

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SAP_2000
Hello all. I have purchased a 2nd hand Baja L-39 from germany that should arrive in a week or two. I been asking my self the same question. Studying pics of the newer FeiBao L-39,aside from the measurements this one seems very, very similar. The one-piece stab, the way the fin is mounted, cockpit opening to the side, the access hatches in the nose and other internal layout like intake duct and turbine mounts. FeiBao is also known for sell to other companies that re-brands and sell in their own names so no surprise really.

Was nice to read mostly positive feedback on this jet. Looking forward to receiving mine, Im debating my self to buy a new K160 or K180, or to put a K235 that i have lying around an de-rate it to 160-180N or so. its big bird, so should handle the extra few hundred grams i guess.

ill update when i get mine

Even if you turn down the 235, that is a lot of residual thrust that will equate to faster landings. I would stick with the 160 or the 180. I have a 180n in mine with smoke and a 5l fuel tank and it is a ton of power. Remember that many are flying this on a 130n with no issues. Just food for thought
Tone