RCU Forums - View Single Post - BajaHobby L39
Thread: BajaHobby L39
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 05:09 PM
Piggy18

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed
So...the end of this flying season I had a bit of a electrical snafu with a servo and ended up putting my L39 into the corn next to the runway trying to recover during a landing. The damage was pretty decent largely caused by the corn so I decided to do a re-kit in a different color scheme. The first one flew so well I decided to build the replacement the same way with smoke, larger tank, carbon reinforcement to joining area and a couple of extra mounting blocks. I have been told the stock kit fly great but as this kit needs a little nose weight anyway and the front section is holds so many components, I decided to reinforce it anyway. I also added the additional longer lenses for the tip tanks that was advertised on this thread and replaced the tip tank light with super bright versions from booma rc. I will add some pics later. Apparently the ones I took at too large to upload here.
thanks,
Tone
Hi Agrav8ed,
The reinforcement is a good idea, its always a very good sign for a jet when someone buys a replacement and doesn't move on to something else
I also like the idea of the center bottom bolt to hold the nose section, how did you find the upgraded tank over the plastic ones?