RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Modeler Magazines/Articles are available to you!
Old 02-03-2022, 09:52 AM
bchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ser00
Hello all,

I finally completed a labor of love that took three years in the making. When I first got started in RC modeling, I would pick up Radio Control Modeler Magazine and read the articles in it from cover to cover and repeat. Well, this was during my college days and I needed to make a decision between finishing school or building more airplanes. After completing my degree, I got back into building and flying RC planes. I ordered a set of plans from RCMplans.com (when they were still faithful in getting their plans out to customers) and I was looking for a build article for the F-117 (February 1997 issue) and I asked if anybody could send me a scanned copy of the article. Well, all I got was that I could pay for the article or buy the magazine from individuals. I thought that this was not very helpful so I decided to look on EBAY and I found and obtained the magazine. I read the magazine from cover to cover and I remember how much I enjoyed the magazine. I decided to see if I could order more RC Modeler Magazines to read. After acquiring a fair number of magazines, I decided that I would scan the magazines and convert them into PDFs for easy storage and retrieval. Long story short, I have acquired, scanned and converted them all into PDFs. All the issues from October 1963 to June 2005. Along the way, I have also collected Model Aviation, Model Airplane News and Flying Model magazines, all of which have been scanned to PDF. So, if you are looking for an article, a review, a build article or whatever, please let me know and I will upload the article so that you and anybody else can enjoy it.

Happy flying and soft landings!
Thank you for doing this! These old magazines are a real treasure and have lots of information that is still needed today.

I'm looking for the April 1984 edition of RCM. There's an article in there written by the late Col. Art Johnson about carbon reinforcement of the wings on his F-100D Super Sabre. If you could upload this I would really appreciate it. I'm currently building this model and it would be helpful.

I hope I'm able to return the favor.

Brian