RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top RC Models MkIV full Composite Spitfire-a game changer
Old 02-16-2022, 04:31 AM
Trackster1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just started building my TopRC Spitfire and going electric. I’ve read about nose weight issues so will do what I can to keep weight down in the build and pile up as much as I can with battery size, etc at the front and then expect to add more weight. I’ve swapped out the aluminum wing supports for carbon.

2 questions for the experts in this thread:
1. I’m using a Dualsky XM6360EA KV190 motor and 120HV ESC, 12S setup. Can someone recommend a good prop size?

2. I want to keep the servo power supply as simple as possible. For a smaller plane I’d run a Dualsky VR Pro voltage regulator for the servos and retracts with a 2S lipo. I wanted to do the same here and connect in the TopRC gear controller for the TopRC retracts/gear to the same VR Pro and single battery. The 18awg wire on the controller doesn’t lend itself to using a JR/Futaba connector with the VR Pro and someone recommended I keep the gear controller separate and add another 2S lipo. Does anyone have a better recommendation?

Last edited by Trackster1; 02-16-2022 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Correction