RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS Gemini Twin Rear Walbro Gas Conversion
Old 03-10-2022, 06:00 AM
mitchilito
My Feedback: (7)

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

So to this point I addressed all the Gemini shortcomings but one: the waste oil discharge out the bottom of the engine. What a mess! Years ago, long before the manufacturers themselves started doing it, I ported this waste oil discharge straight to the carburetor induction manifold. Yes, in-between the carb and the cylinder head. It shouldn't work but it does - fabulously. Viola - no more waste oil running down the bottom of your aircraft!

On this conversion I made a velocity stack and tapped it for the waste oil. This puts the case oil into the inlet although from past experience I know it would work plumbed directly into the induction manifold. The reason I didn't do that on this engine is because I've found that in between runs the crankcase on this engine drains a LOT of oil. l wouldn't want that collecting in the manifold and causing a potential hydro-lock.

This method of recirculating the oil has the added advantage of allowing one to reduce the amount of oil mixed into the gasoline. I'm shooting for a total oil content of 20 to 1 so I'll now mix my oil at 25 to 1.

Last edited by mitchilito; 03-11-2022 at 01:40 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Steve (06-13-2022)