RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seagull Spitfire 26- 38 cc
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 11:02 PM
scottydsntknow

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah that's a true story and the big ones fly better. If the big Phoenix one didn't have a box that was so massive I could get it shipped out here for the price on Tower which is probably the same price as the seagull one with the e-flight gear but that has the printed covering and reading some of the build threads there's gaps in the balsa and there's some rough spots under the covering and honestly it looks like it'd be a better candidate for a strip and recover or fiberglass than anything.

edit: So I picked up the Seagull today at lunch. LHS had one left, took it out of the box to inspect all the pieces, it all looked good. Will be doing some of the mods I've seen on here but nothing crazy. New pilot, the HK gear and the scale wheels. Have a few engines I'm going to test fit, I'd prefer to not cut the cowl if possible. If I can find a FA-200i and if Morris/CH can make a CDI conversion kit that'll probably be the route I go. Unless I can find a suitable gasser that'll fit without cutting the cowl. I bet a new Stinger 26cc with the low profile spark plug would be close but I have my doubts if it would fly the plane with enough authority.

Last edited by scottydsntknow; 03-14-2022 at 05:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
dr.tom (03-14-2022)