RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2022, 07:49 AM
Quikturn
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice engine Dave. I have a classic Webra Silverline 61 in a parts bucket I should get to one of these days.

After loosening & cleaning up the Magnum Pro 45 on my Force One I decided to go on an engine cleaning spree. Here’s my latest batch of ready to go refreshed engines.

The LA 40 was a pain in the butt. 4 of the screw heads were stripped 2 of which required grinding a slot across the head to extract them. The screws are pretty soft and doesn’t take much to slip and strip them. I sure wish people would invest in the proper JIS screwdriver sets or leave them alone.

The Irvine 53 I got super lucky with. It was almost seized and the bearings felt very rough. The internals looked brand new so I just oiled it and now it’s super smooth with awesome compression. Love these engines!

The Saito 56 bk was basically seized as well and very gunky but cleaned up very nicely. Most of the parts went through an ultrasonic bath but the crankcase was cleaned with raw fuel and the bearings are very smooth now. I found a rocker arm screw was damaged as if the pushrod popped out of it. Weird. Luckily my LHS had some in stock. Not sure how to clean the muffler better (oven cleaner)? A valve adjustment and a $10 prop nut stopper is all it needs now.

Parts is parts.