RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCU vs RCTech.net?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 11:07 AM
TheRailroadBull

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Behave and you will never hear from a mod. Break the rules and you will be warned and or moderated accordingly.

If you post something in the wrong place chances are we will just move it and tell you it got moved.
Oh, the raunchy or aggressive moderating is 100% something I support. I was referring more to the folks posting a question on a thread with 100's to 1000's of responses, and then when some newbie comes along, and innocently asks a question that's been covered, a moderator would publicly reprove them, and then suggest they were somehow lazy or in the wrong for not reading through the hundreds or THOUSANDS of posts (DAYS worth of reading in some instances), in the off chance of having their simple question answered. I have seen SO many new users just disappear after being treated like dirt for NOTHING. It's sad. I think the RC hobby attracts many folks who maybe aren't the most social types... I mean... i'm almost 40 now... but I know when I really got into it 25 years ago, it was because I was going through a lot, and our hobby was something that could take my mind off my medical and emotional stresses. I felt unrelateable. I can only imagine how many kids have left RCtech feeling like they didn't belong there either... and I just plain don't support that type of stuff...