RCU Forums - View Single Post - So I bought a traxxis..
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 01:49 PM
Txmustangflyer

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

So, in talking with some local guys around San Antonio, I can a. Turn the Traxxas into a speed runner, or B, an awd drifter, ir c. Leave it be.

Where's the fun in leavin it be? (Damn..soundin like the rest of you...whats happenin to me? )

So, knowing from online soyrces, vids, etc, that without upgrades I'd probably be doing a weekly parts order anyway I flipped a coin, ignored that, and looked at where this rc will typically "hang out."

The answer became kinda obvious, fast. Awd drift. It kinda likes to do it anyway when it corners, why not encourage it.

So..heres the parts list coming.
Traxxas: 72T spur gears (2) Aluminum lower control arm mounts, adjustable upper links, rear diff locker (back ordered)
Hot Racing: Motor mount (aluminum) Gear cover (Aluminum) it also looks to act as the rear bulkhead brace. 70T Steel Spur, pinions from 24 to 29t package. These won't be used for speed but to broaden the throttle...I'm old, I need more room :-) A locker from them, as well, since traxxas is back ordered.

GPM: Front brace, front and rear steering knuckles, front castor blocks, aluminum servo daver with aluminum servo horn, aluminum steering assembly.

beyond that is a holding pattern, the rear bulkheads, diff covers, and liwer control arms are factory five specific and no one that I've found, makes aftermarket upgraded pieces, as yet. The 4tech sway bar kit, as a resutlt, also won't fit. I'm hoping that I can compensate using shock oil viscosities instead. It may mean buying a second set of shocks, etc so I can set up and try different viscosities on the fly vs tearing them down all the time. Dunno on that yet. Another tweak may happen in the springs, but with how it ran, stock, before I fubarred the gear mesh, leads me to think I shouldn't have to mess with them too much. Even in a drift it was smooth. Not any chassis roll that I noticed, and any bumps didn't cause anything adverse to what I wanted it to do. But, with all the new parts, its bound to behave different.
I've also decided to chronicle, as much as I can, on video, my first real forray into rc cars. What fits, what works, what don't etc. I'll post links when I can

Last edited by Txmustangflyer; 05-05-2022 at 02:14 PM.