RCU Forums - View Single Post - TopRC giant P-47 Thunderbolt ARF
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 10:35 AM
bradley
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JRSmith
I like that comment "It's only money, I will make more tomorrow" I attempt to say that to the CFO aka "wife" and she seems, not to agree with that when I am buying another airplane or helicopter! I wish Tru-Turn would stay with the hobby side and continue to offer products, but I certainly understand the switch to focus on the industrial and commercial side. I am looking at putting the VarioProp on mine, but If I can't get that either for some reason, I will just run the prop.

I had asked Mike at Gator if the retracts are reliable and he stated that they are working well. But I may change out the retract units regardless. I wish Robart had gear available, but when I asked them, they are about six months out.

Good news on the flight times and seven minutes would be plenty for me! I can't seem to concentrate more then10 minutes anyway before I am ready to land, so seven to eight minutes would work out well!

Looking forward to seeing your progress on the Electric and when I get started I could add to this thread or start my own. Talk soon.

Jason
The new Gear for the P47 looks better than the other designs they have. The others were frankly garbage. I think the spring tension may be an issue. If I was to use them I think I will dramatically soften the spring tension. Looks like the fixed other known problems with these gear, other than the springs that is.

Try the line on the CFO.
It was on my grandfathers famous lines on life lessons. He had many sayings, but "It's only money, I will make more tomorrow" is my favorite.
Life is too short, enjoy the ride.
Brad