RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF-Models Mig 17 build thread
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 10:35 PM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Landing light preliminary test fit

Worked on the landing light a bit more today and decided to redesign the servo mounting. I had originally set it up the way CARF had shown in some pictures I received. When I went to test fit it inside the wing again I noticed that the light was not centering correctly which would cause it to deploy more towards the fuselage.

Turns out the back corner of the servo was hitting the main support structure near the hole where the servo leads exit. I studied the CARF photos more closely and saw that they hacked away some material in that area to allow the servo to move further into the wing. We’ll I didn’t want to do that and opted for mods on the light assembly.

All the mods still allow for servicing and especially the LED light, I drilled two holes and tapped them for 2-56 socked heads screws in case I need to take it out for any reason.

Finally, I put a couple of dabs of hot glue on the mounting plate and installed it in the wing to do some testing before permanently gluing the entire assembly. I took a short video and some pictures. Any comments on this are welcome.

Light assembly bottom view

View of the landing light mods

Another view of the landing light mods

Landing light mounted with screws

Landing light retracted

Landing light deployed

Light assembly in the wing

View inside wing towards light

View inside wing toward servo

Another view of the landing light in the wing

Last edited by Airforce7; 06-12-2022 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Grammar changes
The following users liked this post: