RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA getting above 400 AGL - Not so successful
Old 06-13-2022, 07:39 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Astro, you have heard “crickets “ from me simply because one cannot ask a brick to be anything else but a brick.

I gave a first hand account of CHP responding to what they thought was an FAA violation. I was told to cease activity and leave the premises. Most people will consider that enforcement simply because the point of contact was by a law enforcement officer. Now had I held my ground I imagine the I would have been cited for “ reckless endangerment “. There is the loophole to this. What you fail to realize is that most laws are not absolute, as a prosecutor there are always secondary charges that can be applied. If a first hand account is not enough for you so be it. What you feel is right or not is zero consequence to me and thus a waste of my time.
And, as usual, you resort to logical fallacies when your back is against the wall. The bandwagon fallacy assumes something is true (or right or good) because others agree with it. In other words, the fallacy argues that if everyone thinks a certain way, then you should, too.One problem with this kind of reasoning is that the broad acceptance of a claim or action doesn't mean that it's factually justified. People can be mistaken, confused, deceived, or even willfully irrational in their opinions, so using them to make an argument is flawed.

What you prescribe is not a 'loophole', it is the clear distinction between local laws and FAA regs, which I did not, "fail to recognize" as you assert, I mentioned it early on in this thread. Very simply, if you HAD been cited for reckless endangerment, it would have been an example of being cited for violating a local law, not enforcement of an FAA regulation.

What I have stated is not that your first hand account didn't happen, it simply was not an instance of the CHP enforcing FAA regs.

This is also not, "What I feel is right", it is factual and can be confirmed by the documents I provided. Ironically, this is actually YOU spinning to fit your narrative and trying to save face from being wrong yet again.

The only reason I have spent the time to discuss this here is because these forums are here to help educate, especially for any new members that may wander in, we should provide accurate information, rather than the confirmation bias of a few from the 'good ole boy network' who want to proclaim their elevated status in the toy airplane world.

Astro