RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobbyking a problem vendor?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 03:42 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Army Retired
Newly rejoined the RC hobby. Needed to get some replacement LiPO batteries for a 12 year old plane. Ordered a couple of batteries from Hobbyking back in mid May. They showed up way earlier than expected and work great. Only problem is I discovered two batteries isn’t enough to fly like I was used to back in the gas and go days.

So…I opted to order three more batteries from Hobbyking. That was May 31st. Order shows “complete” on June 1st. The tracking showed (and still shows) “USPS awaiting item”. I sent an online inquiry after 1 week, no response. I did a chat session after 2 weeks, they said they needed to do an investigation to see what happened…check back in a few days to see an updated status. At least they emailed me a chat transcript. No change to status after a few days. Chatted again yesterday and the “person” stated an investigation was started, but they had to wait until it concluded before they could remedy anything. I said “So, let me get this straight…I order something from you on the 31st of May and the order is screwed up through no fault of my own. I have to wait until you guys figure out how you or the USPS messed it up before you will decide what to do about it? Did I sum this up correctly?” I then asked for a refund. The reply was they couldn’t do that until after the investigation concluded. Pfffft. Rant off.

Is this the current state of the RC hobby? Did I just get one of those rare situations? I know I’m just venting and ranting, but it’s irritating.

What are the good vendors these days. I live too far from a local hobby shop to go that route.
Hi Army Retired,

If you want to know what's up with HK, do a google search of "HobbyKing complaints" and read a few of the many complaints that search comes up with. Sure they're way less expensive than the "good vendors" , but this comes at the expense of what your dealing with now. Right now, to the best of my knowledge, Horizon Hobby is pretty much the top vendor, but as we all know from the old saying; "Good, Fast, Cheap, you only get to pick two" , well Horizon is good & fast, so you know right off it ain't gonna be cheap
The following users liked this post:
2W0EPI (07-08-2022)